Go back to normal view
Christchurch was awarded a Child Friendly Church Award in 2008 to recognise that we take providing for children seriously and seek to provide a quality service.
The Child Friendly Church Award scheme originated in the Anglican Diocese of Liverpool. This was later adopted by the United Reformed Church with the aim of encouraging churches to ‘welcome and integrate children and their families into the worshipping life of their church.' The award affirms that Christchurch meets certain set criteria and that we try to be fully inclusive in our work with children. The criteria for the award are as follows:
1. A Child Protection Policy is in place, being implemented, and regularly reviewed.
2. The church buildings offer a safe environment.
3. On-going training and support for leaders is in place.
4. There is provision for children's and youth nurturing groups (0-18 yrs).
5. There are opportunities for children and young people to be included in child friendly church services.
6. Suitable materials for under 5's are available in church
7. There are opportunities for the voices of under 18's to be heard
8. Feedback is obtained from children and young people.
9. There is a vision for Youth and Children's Work