What does Pastoral Care mean at Christchurch?
As Christians we want to show the love of God by caring for one another. We are a warm, friendly church and there is much support, love and care expressed behind the scenes in a spontaneous and informal way.
To ensure all are included, and to help us in such a large church, we also have a more structured system of Pastoral Care. This happens through one or more of the following:
- The nominated person within House Groups and other groups to which members belong.
- Visiting and taking out our monthly newsletter Wider Horizons to the housebound and those in Care Homes.
- A welcoming person in the Christchurch Cafe on three mornings during the week.
- A CD ministry where recordings of Sunday services are taken out to the housebound.
- Monthly Home Communion for the housebound and those in Care Homes.
- Welcoming teams who look out for and welcome newcomers on Sunday mornings.
- A pastoral team who oversee the work and do extra visiting as needed, such as illness, hospital stay, bereavement.